Saturday, February 24, 2018

Eat ... mostly plants

Fruit and vegetables


More fruit and vegetables


Fruit and tea






































During the month of January, a couple sketchers I follow on Instagram posted daily assignments from A Pattern A Day, an online (Creative Bug) class they were taking. They used a prompt to create repeat patterns across their pages. I'm not sure how many guidelines they were given.
(Their hashtag was #cbpatternaday, I think.)

I had a set of Prismacolors and a softcover, sewn Canson sketchbook (with smooth, cream paper) I wanted to try together, so riffed off what they were posting.

I begin using a stylus to create a colored pencil resist about halfway through. I'd never done it before, so that effect was fun. You may not be able to see it here, but I think it was used in the veins on the slices of citrus fruit, in the upper right picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment