Thursday, December 7, 2017

Friends, memories, feelings

These were sketched after watching illustrator Marloes De Vries's Sketchbook Skool class, a month ago.
1. The first assignment was an experience. The identifying caption in that sketch required kept it private.
2. The second, shown here at the top of the page, was to draw a few friends, reduced to simple lines and labels. (I doubt anyone here can be identified! I am having a hard time remembering who they were intended to portray, myself.)
3. Childhood home, from memory.
4. Internal (art) critic.
5. A feeling. (This was while listening to Willie Nelson's Down Yonder, even though I mistakenly wrote Bandera in the note here. I think it features his sister, Bobbie, on the piano. The whole Red Headed Stranger album is great.)

This type of drawing can be very therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment