Saturday, April 1, 2017

Experiment

Rose Red, Titanium White, Ivory Black
I am playing with Richeson Casein for the month of April.  James Gurney and Stephen Quiller like it, but not many contemporary artists seem to use it.

I am not used to opaque paint, so am at square one.  It is milk-based, and does not re-wet like watercolor and gouache, so you have to squeeze out only the amount you will use in one sitting.

I am using the paint in a Canson Montval 5.5 x 8.5, cold press, 140 lb, twelve-sheet watercolor tablet I had on the shelf. (I plan to use both sides of each page.) I read it is hard on brushes, so picked up an inexpensive set of Artist's Loft craft brushes. I am starting with freezer paper, clipped to a drawing board, for a palette.

The picture is of a prepared background using Rose Red, Titanium White, and Ivory Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment